Share This Story
We have shared this with you before, but we get a traffic report on our website that has some fascinating information. We had another record month for visitors, page counts, hits and every other measure. We really thank you for that.
Among the weird stats our tracker finds is that Firefox is the most popular browser used to view our website, beating out Explorer 37% to 33% (Safari is next at 13%). That should scare Microsoft a little. As should the fact that 19% of all of our viewers are coming from a Mac. Wow, huh!
But the most interesting part for us every month are the search phrases that people use to find us:
- pictures of a bear in front of the tennessee river – Not sure what you were looking for, but we are somehow the fifth result in Google.
- faster than a speeding bullet jingle – Another we don’t understand, but we again are the fifth result.
- national husky obedience awards – We are not sure how you ever found us with this phrase, but somehow you did.
- brain freeze – Cheoah’s moment captured some searchers:
- white fluffy dog stays with herd – Qannik says thank you.
And sometimes you are looking for our friends:
- fluffy tail dogs – We were sure Khyra would be at the top of the search, but apparently we are the third result.
- marco polo agility – Wooo – first in a Google search. But we really think you are looking for this Marco Polo, who happens to have our pictures on their blog.
- captain maverick – Again, a first in Google search, but we are sure you are looking for this Captain Maverick.
As always, there were a few searches where we may have gotten a searcher who was looking for something quite different:
- pictures of redheads – Fifth in a Google Search
- mom thundering butts – A top result in Google, though we do not want to know what you were looking for.
- of mice and men not allowed to use feet in a fight – Huh?
However you found us, we are glad you are here (except for the “hotgirlskissing dogs” searcher – you can go away). Please hang out a while and have fun.
Read Another Story
← Back One Story ◊ OR ◊ Forward One Story →
This Week's Thundering Herd Special Features
Weekly thoughts from our Hu-Dad with the latest updates on his writing projects, the books he's reading, and a gratuitous dog photo of us.
Way Back Wednesday
Each week, we reach back into our vault of over 4,500 previous posts and share a favorite. We hope you enjoy this look back.