A Cheesy Safari

Our resident redhead insisted the Hu-Dad follow her as she wandered through the wild grasses, so please join us for a Cheesy safari.

Bring that camera, Hu-Dad, as I venture into the wilderness.
Bring that camera, Hu-Dad, as I venture into the wilderness.

Despite being 14-years-old, Miss Cheoah joins us every morning for a two-mile walk. She opts out of the afternoon three miles the boys do, but still takes the time to play in the yard for a while before grabbing an extra nap.

A girl needs her alone time.
A girl needs her alone time.

Some time in the yard might sound like a picnic, but Cheesewhiz wants to make sure you understand it is a jungle out there. A wild, overgrown jungle. Here is photographic proof.

A Miss Cheesy Safari through the wild monkey grass.
A Miss Cheesy Safari through the wild monkey grass.

1. S Deaver on January 14, 2020 at 1:16 pm

One can still find interesting things among the wild monkey grasses!

2. Deborah Rolman on January 14, 2020 at 11:10 am

Seeing Miss Cheoah enjoying herself always puts a smile on my face. She is such a beauty! My kitty likes to play in the monkey grass too.

3. Jeanee on January 14, 2020 at 10:55 am

So happy to see our red head out & exploring the wilderness. Thanks for sharing your safari with us.

4. Juno's mom on January 14, 2020 at 10:22 am

She looks great! (Off topic but… where did you get those adirondack recliners?)

• The Thundering Herd on January 14, 2020 at 10:28 am

A local store here. They are very comfortable.

5. tammy j on January 14, 2020 at 10:00 am

such a special girl you are! you might just be my hero-ine! XOXO

6. Debbie and Ruby on January 14, 2020 at 9:14 am

Miss Cheoah, love to see you out there in the Wilderness. Keep on enjoying your walks and life.

7. Laura YAGER on January 14, 2020 at 7:49 am

I hope I’m doing as well as Miss Cheoh at 84! 2 mile walks are impressive at any age! As my 2 Redheads would say, aroooooo, and woo! Glad Hu Dad could be there to get you through that Jungle, cause it’s wild out there!????

8. Jean B Burkhardt on January 14, 2020 at 6:39 am

Miss Cheesy-you are doing so well with your walks and I am impressed. Having Hu-Dad along while you go through the WILD GRASSES is awesome and don’t blame you for wanting him to escort you!!! This story made me smile!

An Old Injury

May 15, 2022

I injured myself last week. Stupid, I know, especially when I can only call it an old injury in celebration of my approaching birthday.

Lap Dog

January 28, 2010 |

When you are 60 lbs (27kg) of Siberian Husky, there are people who say you should no longer be a lap dog. Kodiak heartily disagrees.