An Extra Redhead

We were enjoying our regular afternoon outing on a trail when a nose count revealed an extra redhead walking with The Herd.

Wait a minute - we have an extra redhead.
Wait a minute – we have an extra redhead.

Yes, our cousin Ruby (Hu-grandmon’s Siberian Husky) joined us for our afternoon walk. Those needing a scorecard might appreciate the names from left to right – Ruby, Landon, Frankie, Cheoah, Typhoon and Roscoe.

Don't worry about the extra space—she joined in well with us.
Don’t worry about the extra space—she joined in well with us.

Nothing like a good, long, summer walk to make everyone sleepy. And for some odd reason, that thought makes the Hu-Dad smile.

A good extended family walk.
A good extended family walk.

1. The Oceanside Animals on August 10, 2019 at 10:02 pm

Charlee: “Nice to see six fluffy tails even if one is just visiting.”
    Lulu: “You can never have too many fluffy tails, if you ask me!”

2. Lori & Izzy Belle Bear on August 2, 2019 at 8:19 pm

How good to see Ruby with her extended furmily! Kisses to all six herd members!!

3. Jeanee on August 2, 2019 at 10:41 am

As a redhead myself, I favor the flavor! I’m also a little too close to being a senior, so these girls are my furry sisters. Love them all, but we girls have to stick together.

4. Laura Yager on August 2, 2019 at 10:30 am

My 2 Redheads are high pawing each other, at the thought of Miss Cheoh having a twin, AND another girl to walk with. Hope your plan of wearing them put worked! Happy trails, or tails to you!????????????

5. Juno's mom on August 2, 2019 at 10:00 am

I’ve wondered how she’s done since losing Tartok. (It is nice to see six.)

6. Debbie and Ruby on August 2, 2019 at 9:43 am

If your Ruby is like mine then she is a sweetheart. Enjoy the weekend.

7. Deborah on August 2, 2019 at 8:04 am

Does Cheoah mind having another girl around? It’s good to see a group of six again.

Have a great weekend!

8. Carolyn on August 2, 2019 at 7:54 am

Awww I bet that made her happy!

9. Jean Burkhardt on August 2, 2019 at 7:21 am

Wow-I think it’s great that Ruby fit in so well. What a gorgeous group! Hu-Dad I wonder why the thought of sleepy sibes makes you happy-lol?? Have a fabulous weekend all!

A Job, A House, A Dog, and the Internet

January 22, 2023

Though I didn’t realize the impact at the time, a job, a house, a dog, and the internet combined in one fateful year to change my life forever.

Siblings

September 15, 2008 |

While we may not be siblings since we don’t share parents, we certainly claim each other as our brothers and sisters.