Walking Snow Clowns

Walking a herd of canines is always an adventure, but Hu-Dad says mixing in a couple of snow clowns really makes life exciting.

A peaceful family walk.
A peaceful family walk.

If every dog walked forward like the photograph above, our strolls through the neighborhood wouldn’t be particularly challenging. But The Herd doesn’t behave like that. Games are invented. Mischief occurs. And chaos reigns.

Just stopping for a little Cheesewhiz Snow Slide.
Just stopping for a little Cheesewhiz Snow Slide.

Once the first canine gets out of line, then order disintegrates. Leashes become entangled. A jumbled mess explodes into existence. And all control by the humans is lost.

Aren't we snow clowns fun?
Aren’t we snow clowns fun?

1. nicole tester on February 4, 2019 at 2:53 pm

handful!

2. Cheryl on February 1, 2019 at 5:24 pm

Hu-Dad at least you aren’t on the ground looking at tails, paws & noses!! ????

3. 24 Paws of Love on February 1, 2019 at 2:49 pm

We struggle with 2 dogs at a time getting crazy! I don’t know how you do it with three!! Especially in the winter time. They just tend to get crazier in the snow.

Nice to know we are not alone! lol

4. chris on February 1, 2019 at 10:36 am

Brrr you are wearing tennis shoes in the snow. Don’t your feet get cold. My feet get cold and I wear winter boots walking dogs. Sometimes some of the coolest pics show the shadows of the humans taking pics-haha.

5. Juno's mom on February 1, 2019 at 10:08 am

Never a dull walk. Every ‘kid’ knows that being goofy is more fun!

6. Pam Gerlach on February 1, 2019 at 9:31 am

Thanks for the new name for our two Huskies, Max and Maya. As we read today’s blog all we could say is WOW it happens with the Herd also! Thanks for the new name to use!

7. Debbie on February 1, 2019 at 7:11 am

I give you so much credit for walking 5 at once. I can only handle 1 snow clown. You are a special person!!

8. Jean Burkhardt on February 1, 2019 at 5:43 am

Hu-Dad-you are an awesome Daddy to these silly clowns. TRYING to keep order on their walks must be exhausting BUT look at all the pictures you get-lol Once-a smile brought to me on this very cold morning!

An Old Injury

May 15, 2022

I injured myself last week. Stupid, I know, especially when I can only call it an old injury in celebration of my approaching birthday.

Lap Dog

January 28, 2010 |

When you are 60 lbs (27kg) of Siberian Husky, there are people who say you should no longer be a lap dog. Kodiak heartily disagrees.