Herd Walking The Neighborhood

Most every afternoon, Hu-Dad takes us Herd Walking the Neighborhood. Since we don’t exactly have neighbors, that can be a quiet walk.

Herd Walking

Herd Walking

Hu-Dad is always mumbling, “A Tired Sibe Is A Good Sibe.” Somehow, that translates into us taking a long walk around our neighborhood every afternoon before we get dinner. After a long walk and dinner, we get really sleepy and, for some odd reason, that makes Hu-Dad smile. He’s weird like that.

Our neighborhood is not a traditional neighborhood since we don’t have a lot of neighbors. With the ski area closed for the season, it is really quiet right now – perfect for some walks.

Hope you enjoy seeing our neighborhood on this week’s Film Friday.

While you are watching the Film Friday, don’t forget to go to our YouTube channel and subscribe so you never miss a new video!

1. Deidre on April 24, 2017 at 6:54 am

What leashes do you use?
    Thanks!

• The Thundering Herd on April 24, 2017 at 10:12 am

We have tried lots and lots of leashes over time. The current ones we are using are called “Ultimate Dog Leashes” from My Dog’s Cool – https://mydogscool.com/store/ultimate-climbing-rope-dog-leash/ .

As always, we have to mention that we have no business relationship with the company, receive no compensation from them and paid retail price for our leashes. Pesky government regulations.

2. KJ Pierson on April 14, 2017 at 4:52 pm

Noticed a large chunk of Q’s hair missing there in the back. Did he blow too much or something happen? Leena is ejecting her hair like fighter pilots ejecting out of planes in movies right now.

• The Thundering Herd on April 14, 2017 at 4:57 pm

Welcome to the mental world of the Q-Tip.

He plucks himself.

Yes, you read that correctly. He will start pulling his fur out with his teeth and swallow the fur. Once Hu-Dad sees him doing it, he puts a stop to it with some powder.

P.S. – If you look at pictures from this time last year, he had a similar spot. Sigh.

• KJ Pierson on April 16, 2017 at 9:16 am

I thought I remembered seeing him once with a clump missing there, but I couldn’t be sure. I never remembered it being that severe though!

I’ve seen both of my last two rescue girls pluck themselves occasionally. But never consistently enough to know if it was intentional or not. And they never swallowed the fur, quite the opposite. Leena even required help defurring her mouth the last time! Poor dog.

3. Padma on April 14, 2017 at 3:28 pm

I didn’t see Typhoon walk backwards – did I miss it?

• The Thundering Herd on April 14, 2017 at 3:44 pm

Never happened. Maturity, perhaps? Or maybe just always trying to keep the Hu-Dad guessing.

4. Lori on April 14, 2017 at 7:58 am

What a beautiful sight all those adorable Sibes walking side-by-side. ❤️❤️

5. Zoe on April 14, 2017 at 7:22 am

My goodness it is so beautiful there!!!

Ok this may have just been the way the film was but is Head of Security Ms Kiska limping on her front left leg ? It looked like she was favoring it when you hit your lower field?

• The Thundering Herd on April 14, 2017 at 8:21 am

Miss Kiska can get tired on our walks, so towards the end she is not as enthusiastic as the beginning (and she loves starting the walks). But there are no known issues.