A Really Long Sunday Drive

We left before sunrise and got back home after sunset, so we took a really long Sunday drive. We might have been a wee bit tired when we got back home.

I am fighting to keep my eyes open.

I am fighting to keep my eyes open.

When you have fall days as pretty as we are having, it is hard to stay indoors. Hu-Dad suggested a Jeep ride and we thought that was a terrific idea, even though it was still dark when we pulled out of the driveway. What Hu-Dad did not really explain was that we were staying out all day long, not to arrive back at the house before dark.

Uh, Hu-Dad, the sun is going down.

Uh, Hu-Dad, the sun is going down.

The trip was fun, but we can sum it up very simply:

One tired dog.

We are tired dogs.

1. All Things Collie on October 17, 2016 at 12:40 pm

A tired dog is a good dog! 🙂

2. Juno's mom on October 17, 2016 at 11:37 am

Lots of distraction is good for grieving, animal and human. I believe all the herd’s fans think about Kiska often, as well as Hu-dad and Hu-mom.

3. Lori on October 17, 2016 at 9:55 am

Sounds like a wonderful day!!

4. Melon on October 17, 2016 at 6:21 am

Must’ve been a good day!

5. Mom 'n Ebby on October 17, 2016 at 5:19 am

Mom wants to know: Is the Herd still missing their Queen, or have they kind of “filled in the hole”? If any of them miss her, I’d imagine it would be Kiska missing her most!

• The Thundering Herd on October 17, 2016 at 7:18 am

They are dealing with the change fairly well. Kiska, in particular, has been getting extra one-on-one time with the Hu-Dad. Her fur is probably the best groomed it has been in years with all of the attention.

The Iceman Cometh No More

October 24, 2021

The iceman cometh no more. I can now fill a glass with ice and water direct from the door of the refrigerator. Why am I awed by this miracle?

Ombrophobia

March 10, 2015 |

The word of the day is ombrophobia – the fear of rain. Frankie explains a unique issue associated with ombrophobia.