If The Shoe Fits . . .

We have explained before (here and here) how Typhoon likes to pick-up water bottles during our walks.  Yesterday, we knew he was being very quiet during a walk when we realized he had something in his mouth again – but not a water bottle.

conceal something

Do I look like I might be trying to conceal something from you, hu-dad?

something I found

Oh, this little thing? Just something I found on the trail.

put it down

What do you mean you want me to put it down so you can tell what it is.

baby shoe

See, just a baby shoe. And, no, I have no idea where the baby is.

All mine

But it’s mine! All mine!

As the saying goes, “If the shoe fits Typhoon’s mouth, at least he is quiet.”

1. Dina on April 14, 2014 at 5:42 pm

That is the saying all right!

2. Little Reufus on April 13, 2014 at 6:37 pm

O I deu love that story!!! Way teu score, Typhoon!!!

I deu try teu sneak in the occasional pecan, but yeur story reminded the Mom of a story she told me… One day while out on a walk, she noticed her golden girl Comet had “the face”… and out she spit a G.I. Joe army helmet. The next day, again, the face… and out she spit a G.I. Joe machine gun! The Mom turned around and urged her… let’s find G.I. Joe!

wif lubbs from Little Reufus

3. The OP Pack on April 13, 2014 at 5:26 pm

BOL – Maybe that baby’s mother is a Herd fan and will see this post:)

Woos – Phantom, Ciara, and Lightning

4. The Ao4 on April 13, 2014 at 12:32 pm

Can your hudad tell you have something just by the look on your face? My mom can do that. I haven’t found any shoes on our walks, but somehow my mom knew I found a real treasure yesterday and made me spit it out. It was called “an acorn shell yuck maggie”. Have you ever had one of those? I liked how it felt in my mouth.
    Yours sincerely,
    Margaret Thatcher

• D.K. Wall on April 13, 2014 at 4:10 pm

Yes, he is really magical that way. He likes to tell the story of when Kodiak tried to smuggle some treats in his mouth. Hu-dad noticed that Kodiak had cheeks puffed out like a chipmunk and thought maybe, just maybe, Kodiak might have something.

5. Jenna,Mark “HuskyCrazed” Drady on April 13, 2014 at 12:12 pm

Thats actually kinda creepy that you found a baby shoe! Eek! Hope whoever it belonged to wasn’t lost or something!!!!!
    Happy weekend to you!
    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!

6. Furbabys on April 13, 2014 at 10:47 am

Well That’s inetresting! I’m thiinking Typhoon is meant to be a detective doggie 🙂 seriously I think most dogs need a job! Something they are born to do and we as humans have to figure it out by their actions. Typhoon could be a Private eye <3 He picks up clues along his walks..

7. Sea Wolf on April 13, 2014 at 8:51 am

So cute. And always the talent for storytelling and capturing the moment. Ones head must always be so full of ideas to take pictures for. 🙂