Wet Dogs and Towels

Over the last two days, we have had over two inches (50 mm) of steady, cold rain. Yesterday, we showed you pictures of a wet Herd outside, but, of course, the dogs spent most of the weekend inside. In front of the fireplace.

Unfortunately, every venture outside meant that a new set of towels were needed get dry enough to come back inside.  Let’s look at the faces of joy when being faced with the towel procedures.

Qannik's towels

Come on, hu-dad, just because I like to sit in the rain and soak it up.

Not enough

There are not enough towels made to get me totally dry.

indiginities

The indignities that a princess needs to face.

rushing security.

The Queen forgot the one dog at a time rule and rushed towel security.

Are we done yet

Are we done yet?

1. Lorenza on April 29, 2013 at 8:38 pm

I can see you did not like the “towel treatment”!
    Take carre
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

2. RumpyDog! on April 29, 2013 at 6:51 pm

I’m impressed. I hate to get wet…. reminds me too much of a bath!

3. NCMountainwoman on April 29, 2013 at 6:37 pm

Given the wet towels here with only two dogs, I cannot imagine drying off six of them at a time. Sun’s out today, thank goodness.

4. Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning on April 29, 2013 at 11:43 am

Lots of wet dogs and wet towels here too – but our towels look a lot dirtier than yours – where is the mud?

Woos – Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

5. Kat n collies on April 29, 2013 at 9:23 am

I’m sorry your weekend fun was spoiled by rain and towels! I think we stole all the sunshine! BOL

6. Max's Ma on April 29, 2013 at 9:05 am

Poor you and poor pups! I can’t imagine the towels you are whizzing through! Hope you get some sunshine today!!!

7. Angela on April 29, 2013 at 8:37 am

It seems that you forgot that the Queen should always be first! Hehe.

8. houndstooth on April 29, 2013 at 8:33 am

Nobody here is a fan of being wet, that’s for sure! A certain black dog worries that it will adversely affect his shiny black coat…

9. Barbara on April 29, 2013 at 8:04 am

I must be blessed with the only quick dry Sibe! When he does his business in the soaking rain I’ll get him to shake a few times in the garage and he is pretty dry.

10. Ice 'n Ayla on April 29, 2013 at 6:41 am

Ayla’s MOM sez: Thank goodness we’ve only got TWO “soggy Sibes” to “blot dry” when they get soaked. Seven, I’m not sure I’d have the energy!

11. Huskymom on April 29, 2013 at 2:58 am

The Herd definitely needs SHAM WOW-type towels aka pet towels. Absorbs more, dries lots faster than cotton towels in the dryer. Get a bunch. (Microfiber is good too if you like plush.)

12. Donna Wolfe on April 29, 2013 at 2:47 am

They sell those micro towels at Dollar general too, in the auto section where the oil and auto air fresheners are (of which you might want to pick up one or two, lol)

13. Rottrover on April 29, 2013 at 1:24 am

We LOVE getting ‘the towel.’ Ahhhhhhhhh….

Bart

14. Susan on April 29, 2013 at 1:07 am

You might try the special microfiber towels that are supposed to absorb better than normal towels. I have one, and I think it does work better. They’re available at pet supply stores.