Wet Dogs and Towels

Over the last two days, we have had over two inches (50 mm) of steady, cold rain. Yesterday, we showed you pictures of a wet Herd outside, but, of course, the dogs spent most of the weekend inside. In front of the fireplace.

Unfortunately, every venture outside meant that a new set of towels were needed get dry enough to come back inside.  Let’s look at the faces of joy when being faced with the towel procedures.

Qannik's towels
Come on, hu-dad, just because I like to sit in the rain and soak it up.
Not enough
There are not enough towels made to get me totally dry.
indiginities
The indignities that a princess needs to face.
rushing security.
The Queen forgot the one dog at a time rule and rushed towel security.
Are we done yet
Are we done yet?

1. JoCindy on December 22, 2022 at 12:45 pm

I am sorry I am just seeing this now, but Q. was a slender fellow early on, wasn’t he ?
    Great memories.

2. Shari on December 21, 2022 at 6:57 pm

Sweet soggy Qannik. I love that face ❤️

3. Juno's mom on December 21, 2022 at 11:58 am

I was wondering how long it took to get through the soggy doggy assembly line.

4. mary michaud on December 21, 2022 at 7:30 am

they have the “get me outta here” look!!

5. Jean Burkhardt on December 21, 2022 at 6:16 am

Wow-SIX dogs to dry back then Hu-Dad!! I only have 2 and it seems no matter what towels I use they NEVER seem to get DRY!!!!

I do know that you do have ONE dog who shall remain nameless who ABSOLUTELY hates the towel!!!

6. Lorenza on April 29, 2013 at 8:38 pm

I can see you did not like the “towel treatment”!
    Take carre
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

7. RumpyDog! on April 29, 2013 at 6:51 pm

I’m impressed. I hate to get wet…. reminds me too much of a bath!

8. NCMountainwoman on April 29, 2013 at 6:37 pm

Given the wet towels here with only two dogs, I cannot imagine drying off six of them at a time. Sun’s out today, thank goodness.

9. Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning on April 29, 2013 at 11:43 am

Lots of wet dogs and wet towels here too – but our towels look a lot dirtier than yours – where is the mud?

Woos – Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

10. Kat n collies on April 29, 2013 at 9:23 am

I’m sorry your weekend fun was spoiled by rain and towels! I think we stole all the sunshine! BOL

11. Max's Ma on April 29, 2013 at 9:05 am

Poor you and poor pups! I can’t imagine the towels you are whizzing through! Hope you get some sunshine today!!!

12. Angela on April 29, 2013 at 8:37 am

It seems that you forgot that the Queen should always be first! Hehe.

13. houndstooth on April 29, 2013 at 8:33 am

Nobody here is a fan of being wet, that’s for sure! A certain black dog worries that it will adversely affect his shiny black coat…

14. Barbara on April 29, 2013 at 8:04 am

I must be blessed with the only quick dry Sibe! When he does his business in the soaking rain I’ll get him to shake a few times in the garage and he is pretty dry.

15. Ice 'n Ayla on April 29, 2013 at 6:41 am

Ayla’s MOM sez: Thank goodness we’ve only got TWO “soggy Sibes” to “blot dry” when they get soaked. Seven, I’m not sure I’d have the energy!

16. Huskymom on April 29, 2013 at 2:58 am

The Herd definitely needs SHAM WOW-type towels aka pet towels. Absorbs more, dries lots faster than cotton towels in the dryer. Get a bunch. (Microfiber is good too if you like plush.)

17. Donna Wolfe on April 29, 2013 at 2:47 am

They sell those micro towels at Dollar general too, in the auto section where the oil and auto air fresheners are (of which you might want to pick up one or two, lol)

18. Rottrover on April 29, 2013 at 1:24 am

We LOVE getting ‘the towel.’ Ahhhhhhhhh….

Bart

19. Susan on April 29, 2013 at 1:07 am

You might try the special microfiber towels that are supposed to absorb better than normal towels. I have one, and I think it does work better. They’re available at pet supply stores.