Q-Tip at the Kickin’ Chicken

Yesterday, we told you about Rusty’s adventures on the the Kickin’ Chicken front porch.  Now let us show you what Qannik was doing.

Q

Whoa - what was that in the bushes?

Q2

Is that a little bird flying in those bushes?

Q3

He is really fast. He flew way over there.

Q4

And now he flew back over here. I wonder if I can catch him.

Q5

Can't quite reach and I am so hungry.

Roo

Dude. Why are you trying to catch a bird? You know we have fried chicken right over here.

1. Khumbu on March 30, 2012 at 3:35 am

Way to go Qannik, always worth the effort because you just never know what might fly straight into your mouth. BOL I caught a Great Tit the other day, its only taken 5 years of practice, mind you I didnt have fried chicken to have a go at though.

2. siku marie on March 29, 2012 at 11:13 pm

Sometimes you just can’t beat fresh “on the hoof,” right Qannik? It is like when we go to the duck park and momma has a pocketful of duck jerky but YoYoMa INSISTS on stalking hs own live version.

3. The Rat Patrol on March 29, 2012 at 6:39 pm

While I certainly don’t begrudge Qannik indulging his wild side, I myself am perfectly content to have my food given to me by my hu-mom. it can be the dry crunchy dog food shaped like bones (which is good stuff), or it can be them potato stick things (hu-mom calls them “French fries”), or anything else that gets accidentally dropped on the floor.

Of course, that’s the way to get the good stuff from hu-mom. With Papaw, all we gotta do is sit next to him and be our naturally cuter-than-capable-of-resisting selves. I mean, he’s all the time telling the hu-mom, “Now how can you resist those faces?”

And really, with faces like ours, how can you?

~ Daisy

4. Huffle Mawson on March 29, 2012 at 5:53 pm

Rusty. You know chicken is a bird… right?

5. Kari on March 29, 2012 at 5:21 pm

Silly Q!

Stop on by for a visit
    Kari

6. houndstooth on March 29, 2012 at 2:54 pm

Oh Q! You have an innocence that nobody else in The Herd possesses! It’s not the blonde gene, you’re just not like the rest! And Rusty, bless you for being you!

7. jan on March 29, 2012 at 2:18 pm

The dogs have obviously had a lot of acting lessons. Most expressive.

8. Miley and Maggie on March 29, 2012 at 1:29 pm

Yes but I’m sure birds taste like chicken! BOL!! Great post!!

9. The Ao4 on March 29, 2012 at 12:27 pm

Rusty has a mighty valid point there…
    Luv,
    Dave

10. Pup Fan on March 29, 2012 at 11:04 am

Your captions get me every time. 🙂

11. Wild Dingo on March 29, 2012 at 7:58 am

A natural born blond… or IS he? i mean, he’s learned that the humans are stingey with their delicious food. Maybe he’s a bit smarter than the rest of the pack?

What? i like to give the benefit of the doubt to pretty ones. It’s not easy being gorgeous…

• D.K. Wall on March 29, 2012 at 8:06 am

Natural born. Trust us on this one.

12. Ice 'n Ayla on March 29, 2012 at 6:02 am

(Ayla)More challenge to catching your own food, isn’t there, Qannik. I’m sure Rusty would’ve helped, too. We have a squirrel that runs up and down our back fence, and some day, me’n Ice are gonna catch that critter. Then, for dessert, go and sit beside the hu-Mom and Dad, and look longingly at their plates. Still think someone should’ve had a video camera to catch some of those “precious moments” though.