Wall Walking Wednesday

Wall Walking

Despite our warm winter, there are still stretches of the Blue Ridge Parkway that are closed for the winter.

Wall Walking 2

And a closed Parkway makes the perfect walking trails.

Walking Wall

Though a closed road means that you do not run into others, so you have to invent your own games to stay amused.

Wall Walking

A certain red-headed pup is quite adept at finding those unique ways to stay amused.

1. houndstooth on February 8, 2012 at 11:31 pm

I love how Rusty high steps! I get the impression that his gait must be a little different from the rest of The Herd.

2. 24 Paws of Love on February 8, 2012 at 11:08 pm

Oh Rusty, you are such a doll! There is nothing like a little Rusty-spirit that we all couldn’t use!! 🙂

3. Michael on February 8, 2012 at 10:58 pm

Your herd is gorgeous!

4. siku marie on February 8, 2012 at 8:47 pm

Two ways to get to where you are going, two choices, and Rusty took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference (with apologies to Robert Frost)

5. [email protected] on February 8, 2012 at 8:40 pm

Just look at how happy he is! Gotta love that pup.

6. The Ao4 on February 8, 2012 at 8:19 pm

Rusty, you and I would have SUCH a good time together!!
    Play bows,
    Zim

7. Kari on February 8, 2012 at 6:42 pm

I like to walk on walls too 🙂

Stop on by for a visit
    Kari

8. Sam on February 8, 2012 at 6:10 pm

Huh. A closed Parkway. Nonesuch thing ever happens here, but I can see how that would be SUPER COOL if it did happen here.

Rusty always seems to be climbing and inventing things to do. He’s the busy body of your herd, eh?

9. Huffle Mawson on February 8, 2012 at 4:50 pm

Oh Rusty!

10. Ice 'n Ayla on February 8, 2012 at 11:33 am

Rusty is definitely a unique “furPerson” in his own right, and me (Ayla) ‘n Ice REALLY think he’s just the greatest!

11. Sam on February 8, 2012 at 9:54 am

How funny!

Sam

12. Connie Stockwell on February 8, 2012 at 9:18 am

Gotta love Rusty. I think he is my favorite. Does he talk?

13. Carolyn on February 8, 2012 at 9:11 am

Oh Rusty Roo, we love your unique ways…..

A Whiff of Wildlife

January 29, 2023

An hour before sunrise. Darkness cloaked my path. Fear bubbled up inside me. A whiff of wildlife alerted me to a heinous stalker in the woods.

The Big Secret

July 21, 2014 |

You know Typhoon as the impish Little Prince, always into mischief. But he has been hiding something and, today, we reveal Typhoon’s big secret.