A Walking Prince Is A Backwards Prince

Several readers commented on yesterday’s post that the Little Prince was facing forwards. Don’t worry, he is still our backwards prince.

The Little Prince out for a walk.

The Little Prince out for a walk.

First, don’t worry, everyone else was out for a walk, too. The Little Prince Typhoon Phooey was focused on a rabbit far in the distance while everyone else was stopping and smelling the flowers along the side of the road. Or, maybe, they were watering the flowers. Whatever.

Anyway, several readers thought maybe Typhoon had grown up and was now walking forward during group time.

Maturity? Don't make me laugh.

Maturity? Don’t make me laugh.

We would like to assure all of our readers that Typhoon steadfastly refuses to grow up and that includes walking backwards.

Why does Hu-Dad call me the backwards prince?

Why does Hu-Dad call me the backwards prince?

1. Juno's mom on July 25, 2018 at 12:53 pm

Love that impish face.

2. Terry (+Rory) on July 25, 2018 at 9:05 am

I LOVE all their different personalities…and how you are able to share them with your writing! …Even better that they are all rescues!!!
    “They all have a tale to tell,and a tail to tell it”
    (I read that quote MANY years ago…and your stories remind me of it 😉

• The Thundering Herd on July 25, 2018 at 9:16 am

What a great quote. Thanks for sharing!

3. HokiePack on July 25, 2018 at 8:06 am

Great sassy picture of Ty!!!

4. Lori on July 25, 2018 at 7:01 am

Way to be Little Prince! Don’t grow up… always play, instigate, and walk backwards ❤️

5. Jean B Burkhardt on July 25, 2018 at 5:40 am

It’s okay sweet prince-you DON’T have to grow up at all. Walking backwards is TOO funny!!!!

Exploding Oatmeal And Broken Water Lines

June 26, 2022

The dog didn’t eat my homework, but exploding oatmeal and broken water lines sure interfered with my novel writing this week.

Is It Dinner Time Yet?

July 16, 2013 |

Natasha, Kiska and Qannik ask the most important question asked every day here at Chez Herd – Is it dinner time yet?