Tartok Thursday – Relaxation Techniques

Tartok 1

Hi, everyone, Tartok here.

Tartok 2

This may look easy, but this is actually very difficult to do.

Tartok

Believe it or not, each picture in this post is a separate and distinct photograph.

Tartok 4

Just remember, I am a member of a working breed.

1. KB on May 31, 2012 at 10:39 pm

Tartok: Do you teach any classes that my dog R could attend? He needs your guidance.

2. Savannah NanaMo on May 31, 2012 at 9:51 pm

maybe he is just ‘airing his undies’ like the cat Sylvester over at Katnip Lounge????

3. Huffle Mawson on May 31, 2012 at 6:21 pm

You have tired me out and now I need a nap!

4. RumpyDog! on May 31, 2012 at 4:33 pm

Yes, we are professionals!

5. The Ao4 on May 31, 2012 at 11:39 am

Woo, Tartok! The mark of a true professional – you make it look so easy! I know what hard work and what an art form it is!
    Luv,
    Dave

6. jane on May 31, 2012 at 11:01 am

My sib aries loved that position as well. I now have a german sheperd named Bruce that loves to lay like that too. Is it a boy thing?

7. houndstooth on May 31, 2012 at 8:21 am

Not just any dog can hold down the carpet so precisely, Tartok! You’ve raised it to an art form!

8. Carolyn on May 31, 2012 at 7:26 am

Maddox starts sneezing. He can’t hold that position for long at all.

Also, based on the pictures of Tartok you have shared here – are we sure he is a Siberian Husky? I mean, really. I know Ruby is, and he LOOKS like one… but I am not sure that he is one. Srsly.

You should look into that.

9. Garth Riley on May 31, 2012 at 7:15 am

Most impressive!

10. Clive on May 31, 2012 at 6:04 am

Great technique! We must try it out here!!

11. Ice 'n Ayla on May 31, 2012 at 5:42 am

Ahhhhh, Ayla’s favorite position, too. Only she has a bit more trouble staying like that for very long, ends up using her tail as a “stabilizer” to help her stay on her back. Looks most uncomfortable, but she loves to lay like that, and stretch out her back muscles.

An Old Injury

May 15, 2022

I injured myself last week. Stupid, I know, especially when I can only call it an old injury in celebration of my approaching birthday.

Lap Dog

January 28, 2010 |

When you are 60 lbs (27kg) of Siberian Husky, there are people who say you should no longer be a lap dog. Kodiak heartily disagrees.