Ruby Tuesday – Situation Normal

Ruby

Ruby here. The Herd Annex is being as normal as we ever are.

kitchen patrol

Tartok and I are performing our normal kitchen patrols.

tartok

Well, except for when Tartok is upside down snoring.

Ruby 1

And then I just have to keep a close eye on things in the kitchen by myself.

Ruby 2

A very close eye

Ruby 3

A very, very close eye.

Ruby 4

A very, very, very close eye.

Ruby

And then I reflect on the one that got away.

1. Steve & Kat on February 3, 2012 at 6:55 pm

Oh, Ruby. A girl’s work is never done. Steve is always falling asleep, leaving me to do everything, so I feel your pain.

Kat

2. NCMountainwoman on January 31, 2012 at 10:18 pm

Same thing here, Ruby. Although about six months ago I dropped a cracker which still brings the dogs to the kitchen whenever I get any crackers out. You would think that six months would be long enough to forget!

Note to HuDad…I saw K in the new bed. What a great idea. I’m sorry you had already raised the money before I saw the post. Next time, if you’ll give me a “heads up” I will be happy to chip in.

3. Ice 'n Ayla on January 31, 2012 at 4:46 pm

Hmmm, my question is, how can Tartok remain upside down and snoring with stuff going on in the kitchen?

4. Huffle Mawson on January 31, 2012 at 4:37 pm

Stay vigilant, Ruby! You never know what might come your way.

5. Kari on January 31, 2012 at 1:19 pm

Dont you hate when they get away?

Stop on by for a visit
    Kari

6. Wild Dingo on January 31, 2012 at 11:23 am

Sigh. Poor Ruby. My heart is bleeding for you. Bleeding I tell you.

7. houndstooth on January 31, 2012 at 8:31 am

The one that got away is always the hardest to forget! Next time, Ruby!

8. Togo the Dog on January 31, 2012 at 4:06 am

Awesome patrols, Ruby. Patrols are best done by not moving. Saves us lots of energy. Eyeballing is the best way to patrol.

Woooo,
    Togo, Tagar & Gamby

Important Little Stories

June 19, 2022

We focus so much on epic events, but sometimes it’s the smaller things in life that are the truly important little stories.

Mud Freckles

January 10, 2009 |

Lots of snow, lots of rain, muddy roads, four-wheel drive, and an open jeep window.  This is when a dog should not hold their head out of the window, as demonstrated by Natasha and Kodiak as they show off their Mud Freckles.