Share This Story
This is post 991. WOW! We can not believe that we have posted that many times. Unless we totally mess up, our 1000th post will occur next Thursday, June 2. So how do we celebrate such a momentous occasion?
As all of our long time readers know, we are mostly rescue dogs (Natasha being the only pup in the house that came here at 8 weeks old). We are passionate about our support for Sarge’s Animal Rescue Foundation, our local all-breed rescue and the people responsible for guiding Qannik and Cheoah to The Herd and Ruby to The Herd Annex. We also have to thank Siberian Husky Assist for Kodiak, Sled Dog Rescue of Tennessee (now Tennessee Alaskan Malamute Rescue) for Kiska, Carolina Siberian Rescue for Rusty, and our terrific vet, Animal Hospital of Waynesville, for guiding Tartok to The Herd Annex.
We also know that many – if not most – of our readers are also passionate about animal rescue and animal charities of various sorts. So here is the simple contest that will be open starting today through our 1000th post –
1) To enter, simply comment on any post between today and our 1000th post (which should be June 2).
2) In your comment, mention your favorite animal charity. You may plug the same charity every day OR you may promote a different charity each day. Up to you, but one comment and one charity per post between today and the 1000th post.
3) The organization you mention MUST be a charitable organization focused on our animal friends.
4) Want to increase your favorite organizations odds? Just have fans of that organization come post their comments. All we ask is that those fans be real people and not duplicate or mechanical entries. We reserve the right – and will – block any mechanical or otherwise detrimental entries. Flood us with spam bots and we will block your comments and the entries will not count. Queen Natasha is in charge of determining those things and none of us ever dare to contradict her final ruling.
5) Sometime shortly after June 2, we will hold a very unscientific drawing of all of the entries to select our winner.
6) The winning charity will receive a US$50 donation from The Herd.
How simple, right? Have fun, enter daily if you wish, and let others know about your favorite animal charity. The worst thing that happens is your charity gets free publicity and they might just receive a donation of $50.
P.S. – Feel free to share this contest on your own blogs!
Read Another Story
← Back One Story ◊ OR ◊ Forward One Story →